Google

Monday, February 18, 2008

My first visit to US

The first line in most of my blogs would be, I am here after a long tim. I should stop writing that from now I guess because that should be by default understood by now. :-)

This was the first time I was traveling international. I was supposed to leave from Pune 1t 3.00 PM. But as always I am always late and that too when I have to reach to Bombay, It always is the case. My sister had to come to Pune and my one more friend was supposed to travel with us to Mumbai. My parents had directly come to Mumbai to see me off. We started at 3.30 and we were at the first food plaza on Pune-Mumbai express way at 6.30. Our cab was not in a good condition and stopped three times in between Pune to the food plaza.

Then we decided to change the car. I called one of my friend. He sent a Tavera car for us. That left us to Mumbai airport at 10.30 which because there was so much traffic on the way. When you are in Mumbai, You don't have to say there was traffic. It is by default understood.

Then I introduced my friend Sarika and her brother to my parents and uncle. It was the time for me to get into the airport. I said "Bye Bye" to my parents and to all who had to come to see me off at the airport.

Initially I was confused as to where should I go which I think happens with all the first timers. It was over all a good experience in the flight and on the way to the Sunnyvale. I had a stop over of 3 hrs at the New York airport.

Weel my experience of US is, There are lots of cultural differences. Its difficult to digest many of the differences but you have to bare with them At the same time there are so many good changes that you will find here that you won't loke to go back to India after some time. I am on a mid way. I don't want to go back to India which means I am out of cultural shock at the same time I don't want to stay here for too long a period.

Will keep you updated about my different experiences in US. Stay tuned.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At October 2, 2008 at 6:35 PM , Blogger Shalini said...

Hey!

Good to hear u like the US!! Since you're there on a job, you probably dont wanna go back!!

Otherwise its TOUGH!! Ghar ki bahot yaad aati hai and its quite hard!! But yes the place is good and has a lot to offer!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home