Kiran Thakkar's Blog
Thursday, December 21, 2006
My experience of pune city
It has been around 1.5 Years in pune and i think it's enough time to comment on a place so i am writing about pune.
For a person coming from ahmedabad there are lots of good thing in pune. Good crowd, always pleasent atmosphere, speed and worst part of pune bad roads. My first impression of pune was a big village then a city.
I first visited pune long back in January 2005 when i was here to take an interview at persistent and that didn't last for even 24 hours but it gave me what i wanted, "MY FIRST JOB". That time i passed through original city part of pune laxmi road, a few peths and all which doesn't look much developed.
Then i came back to pune on 2nd july. There was a lot of rain those days and i had to come in flight till bombay and then i took a volvo to reach to pune there it started "my journey of pune".
First few months were a bit difficult for me coming in bus to office and going back in bus that too after changing two buses. That time i realized importance of good public transport in one's life. At home i had a vehicle so didn't ever need to go by bus. Really its far more better then what we had in ahmedabad or may be i never tested ahmedabad's public transport system so i feel so. But i hear people saying its worse but i don't argue with them because sometime back it was my lifeline.
Then i got a bike. Wow i thought "great time starts now"
Soon i realized WORST PUNE ROADS. And my home was also about 13 KMs from office which was a far more. Then i shifted to kothrud only 4 KMs away :-)
Then i actually started good time at pune. I visited so many places to give you few names Singhgadh, Mulshi dam, Parvati, Mahabaleshwar .......... List is too long :-)
Description of few places:
- Singagadh a very good place to pass your time. Specially for lovers. Luckily i am not :-(
- Chatushrungi, Parvati and kateraj few temples to visit at.....
- Manas lake, Katraj lake, Mulshi dam, Khadakvasla dam few places where you can enjoy even if you don't have GF. :-) Places for me such people.
- Pune central, Pyramid, Shoppers stop malls if you want to go for branded. Very costly man but don't have options :-(
- Fashion street if you want to go for time pass cloths. Quality is bad so forget it!!!
- Ohhh i forgot the most happening place of pune koregaon park. Don't forget to visit Osho Ashram and German bakery there. You will find foreigners there. And there are also discos and pubs but i don't go to either of the places :-(
This is it my experience in pune.
Over all i like being in pune (cooler place) away from hot ahmedabad but really i miss a llllllllllloooooooooooooootttttttt to my college friends and the heaven like home. Only office friends and one more thing (not a right place to write) have kept me alive here away from my heaven.